Realising the benefits of an age diverse workforce
An age-diverse workforce enables your organisation to draw on a broad mix of ideas, skills and experience – and gives you the edge in catering for a multi-generation audience.
Where younger employees might have a strong grasp of new technologies and web-based business media, older staff can bring experience, maturity and vital inter-personal skills – all of which combine to deliver huge benefits for your business.
Developed in partnership with the Employer’s Forum on Age, this course uses a powerful combination of drama, personal testimony and insight from employers to set out the business benefits of an age-diverse workforce and provide guidance on best practice in the workplace
This course will give a better understanding of:
- the responsibilities of employers and employees under the Equality Act 2010
- why age is a key aspect of diversity
- why it is misleading, unreasonable and unlawful to make assumptions about people’s abilities based on age alone
- how an ‘age-balanced’ workforce can give your organisation a healthy combination of fresh thinking, new ideas, stability and experience
- how to prevent ageism in the recruitment process
- age laws designed to protect employees throughout their working lives
- how the abolition of the Default Retirement Age (DRA) impacts on your organisation.
Course partner: A Skill Boosters course from Inclusive Learning in partnership with The Employers Forum on Age (EFA) (now incorporated into the Employers Network for Equality & Inclusion (ENEI). Tackling ageism at work, they set the agenda for age and employment issues in the workplace.
Rachel Krys - Former Campaign Director, Employers Forum on Age.
A CPD certificate of completion will be provided by BPP Professional Education Limited upon successful completion of the online course.
CPD Points: 1
CPD Duration (hours): 1
Access: 12 months from purchase date