How to communicate effectively
When we find ourselves under pressure or in confrontational situations, we may react aggressively - or we may back down and say nothing. Neither approach is likely to result in a positive outcome and we’re likely to come away from the situation wishing we’d handled things differently. Failure to assert ourselves and communicate clearly can have a negative impact on our interactions with colleagues, clients and customers and is likely to affect our personal effectiveness and productivity as well.
Suitable for employees of all levels, Assert Yourself is an engaging, interactive learning experience that helps staff develop the skills and confidence they need to ensure that their interactions with others are positive, respectful and productive.
This course will give a better understanding of:
- the disadvantages of aggressive and passive behaviour
- the benefits of assertiveness
- why how you make your point is just as important as what you say
- how to disagree without being disagreeable
- the ‘six steps’ to assertiveness
- the importance of showing respect for others
- how to become an active team member
- giving and receiving constructive feedback.
Course developed by:
A CPD certificate of completion will be provided by BPP Professional Education Limited upon successful completion of the online course.
CPD Points: 1.5
CPD Duration (hours): 1.5
Access: 12 months from purchase date