This course looks at the valuation of intangible assets - particularly brands - and how financial reporting is evolving to deal with such assets and the challenges arising.
On completion of this course you will have a greater understanding of:
- the importance of brands in the valuation of companies
- the fundamentals of accounting for brands and other intangible assets covered in more detail in another on demand course, IAS 38 - intangible assets
- the broad approaches used in the valuation of brands
- implementation within the IFRS framework and issues arising
- current stance and output of regulators and standard setters.
Authored by: Richard Mallett FCMA, CGMA
Richard is a fellow of CIMA and a member of the Association of Corporate Treasurers. He has held senior positions at Boots, Reed Elsevier and Sainsbury's - where he was Group Treasurer and subsequently Group Financial Controller. Richard was appointed Technical Director of CIMA in 2001 with responsibility for maintaining and enhancing CIMA's authority in management accounting, financial reporting and related business areas. He completed six months of freelance consultancy with Intangible Business, the specialist brand valuation consultancy before joining BPP as a CPD presenter in 2010.
A CPD certificate of completion will be provided by BPP Professional Education Limited upon successful completion of the online course.
CPD Points: 1
CPD Duration (hours): 1
Access: 12 months from purchase date