In today's economic climate, more than ever, we must ensure that for any investments of significance in our businesses that we undertake produce returns that protect our cash, satisfy investors or shareholders expectations and justify the risks taken. This course looks at what constitutes a good business case, how we may effectively model it and considers the quantification of risk..
On completion of this course you will:
- recognise what constitutes a good business case format - what need does it fulfil, how will we achieve it and why should we do it?
- understand how to model a business case using Discounted Cash Flow (DCF) techniques, IRR and ROI effectively and the cash impact it has - breakeven and payback periods
- recognise the negative and positive impacts on investors and share value a business case can have
- how to evaluate up-front and on-going tangible and intangible costs and benefits
- consider the impact and evaluation of risk within a business case.
Authored by: John McKenzie
John McKenzie has over 20 years' experience during which he has undertaken ABC/M implementation work at a range of companies including Halifax Plc, British Airways, Seeboard Electricity, London Electricity, British Gas, ADNOC (Abu Dhabi National Oil Company), Sharwoods, Vauxhall Motors, IBC Vehicles, MATAV(Hungarian Telecom), Glasgow City Council, Royal Sun Alliance, NatWest, and Unilever International. His book ABC/M to the Max was published in 2008
A CPD certificate of completion will be provided by BPP Professional Education Limited upon successful completion of the online course.
CPD Points: 1.5
CPD Duration (hours): 1.5
Access: 12 months from purchase date