This interactive programme is delivered online live, allowing delegates to interact with expert presenters from either a computer or mobile device. For an overview of the technology and live class experience, watch our short explanatory video to find out more.
How is it delivered?
Same content as a traditional course just spread over 2 days in shorter 3 hour sessions. No more travel no more losing a day out of the office. For those who prefer the traditional approach please visit our face to face class schedule.
Monday 20th April 2020 13:00pm – 16:00pm
Tuesday 21st April 2020 13:00pm - 16:00pm
Please note that each session has 15 minutes of non teaching time included, this is to ensure we have time to help you get set up ahead of your learning
* Before purchasing we advise that you check your system compatibility with this online test passing tests 1,2 & 3 means you're good to go number 4 is not so important.
This course will be of benefit to newly qualified and trainee solicitors. It will also serve as a useful overview and refresher for those already practising in, or returning to, this field.
The practical course will give practitioners detailed knowledge of the key rules and procedures needed to run civil litigation cases effectively and profitably in the High Court and in the County Court. It will also include a review of recent decisions illustrating the court’s interpretation and application of the Civil Procedure Rules (CPR). The course is supported throughout by a practical case study.
By the end of this course you will be able to understand;
- The CPR and the Overriding Objectve
- Pre Action Steps: Pre Action Protocols, Considerations and Investigations
- Issue and Service of Proceedings
- Case Management: Track Allocation and Directions
- Evidence: Disclosure, Witness Statements and Expert Evidence
- Part 36 Offers
- Trial Preparation and Trials
Duration of access:
You will have access to the programme for 6 months from the date of the first live session (this includes recordings, learning materials, certificate of completion and other programme information).
"A CPD certificate of completion will be provided by BPP Professional Education Limited upon request, following attendance."