If you have purchased a PSC pack and you would like to book this course, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org to make your booking.
This programme is delivered online live, allowing delegates to interact with expert presenters from either a computer or mobile device. For an overview of the technology and live class experience, watch our short explanatory video to find out more.
How is it delivered?
Same content as a traditional course just spread over 2 days in shorter 3 hour sessions. No more travel no more losing a day out of the office.
Wednesday 22nd July 2020 09:30am – 12:30pm
Friday 31st July2020 09:30am – 12:30pm
* Please note that each session has 15 minutes of non teaching time included, this is to ensure we have time to help you get set up ahead of your learning
* Before purchasing we advise that you check your system compatibility with this online test passing tests 1,2 & 3 means you're good to go number 4 is not so important.
This course will be of benefit to practitioners or business persons new to this area who do not have previous knowledge of copyright and are looking for a basic foundation to know how to protect intellectual property rights.
This detailed full-day course provides a comprehensive introduction to the practical aspects of copyright which is essential to understand for any business looking to protect and commercialise relevant intellectual property. Other forms of intellectual property are briefly outlined, whilst confidential information is considered to a greater extent.
- Understand the basic principles of subsistence of copyright and identify what work can attract copyright protection?
- Know how to establish authorship, ownership and duration of copyright in different types of work
- Consider what other forms of IP protection - especially confidential information - should also be relied upon (or sought)
- Explain database rights and moral rights
- Describe some of the typical issues and problems that arise in each category of “works” for copyright purposes
- Identify the differences between assignments and licences and pick up some practical do's and don'ts for drafting agreements dealing with copyright
- Follow a step by step approach to Infringement actions - from both the claimant's and defendant's points of view but not from the perspective of following litigation protocols
- Apply to practical scenarios the basic principles by working through case studies covering different types of works that can be protected
Duration of access:
You will have access to the programme for 6 months from date of of the first live session (this includes recordings, learning materials, certificate of completion and other programme information).
"A CPD certificate of completion will be provided by BPP Professional Education Limited upon request, following attendance."