Ever since Capital Allowances were introduced, they have been an extremely valuable way for businesses to reduce their tax liabilities.
The rules are subject to regular changes by Government as they seek to provide incentives for different parts of the economy to grow. Keeping up with these changes is key to a successful tax strategy.
There are two key tasks, the first is to identify expenditure which qualifies for Capital Allowances, the second is to make the right computations and claims. This module should help guide you through this valuable but complex process.
By the end of this course, participants will obtain a greater understanding of:
- The distinction between plant and buildings
- The operation of the annual investment allowance
- The rules governing the first year allowance
- Writing down allowance rates, and how they have changed
- How higher allowances can be claimed on short life assets
- The rules on capital allowances on cars
Authored by: Michael Steed
Michael Steed is Head of Tax for BPP Professional Development. He is a Chartered Tax Adviser and is a past-President of the ATT. He is the current co-chair of the ATT’s Tax Technical Steering Group.
A CPD certificate of completion will be provided by BPP Professional Education Limited upon successful completion of the online course.
CPD Points: 1
CPD Duration (hours): 1
Access: 12 months from purchase date