If you have purchased a PSC pack and you would like to book this course, please contact email@example.com to make your booking.
This programme is delivered online live, allowing delegates to interact with expert presenters from either a computer or mobile device. For an overview of the technology and live class experience, watch our short explanatory video to find out more.
How is it delivered?
Same content as a traditional course just spread over 2 days in shorter 3 hour sessions. No more travel no more losing a day out of the office.
For those who prefer the traditional approach please visit our face to face class schedule
Mon 22 October 5:00pm – 8:00pm
Thur 25 October 5:00pm – 8:00pm
* Please note that each session has 15 minutes of non teaching time included, this is to ensure we have time to help you get set up ahead of your learning
* Before purchasing we advise that you check your system compatibility with this online test passing tests 1,2 & 3 means you're good to go number 4 is not so important.
This course will be of benefit to lawyers of all levels and non-lawyers (especially accountants, human resource managers, IT managers and corporate officers).
With the General Data Protection Regulation (‘GDPR’) due to come into force in May 2018 there are no excuses for ignoring this topic any longer. This one-day course provides a comprehensive introduction to the topic by providing an overview of the GDPR and then highlighting key areas of concern for the commercial practitioner.
The course adopts a practical and common sense approach throughout with the emphasis on commercial as well as legal considerations. Delegates will be given the opportunity to apply their knowledge through a series of practical exercises.
- To describe the key terminology associated with the GDPR and to demonstrate an understanding of the key principles, obligations and rights
- To comprehend the rules relating to data subjects’ rights and to apply them in a commercially sound and compliant manner
- To describe the issues relating to direct marketing activity as set out in the Regulation on Privacy and Electronic Communications
- To understand the issues relating to the transfer of personal data outside of the European Economic Area and to apply this knowledge to a given set of facts
- To prepare for the new rules on data security breach reporting set out in the GDPR
- To comprehend the enforcement options available to the Information Commissioner
- To be aware of the effect of Civil Monetary Penalty Notices and to consider recent examples as well as the increase in fining powers being introduced under the GDPR
Duration of access:
You will have access to the programme for 6 months from date of of the first live session (this includes recordings, learning materials, certificate of completion and other programme information).
"A CPD certificate of completion will be provided by BPP Professional Education Limited upon request, following attendance."