Economic instability, corporate collapses, fraud, investor uncertainty, transparency and sustainability are driving a number of accounting issues that call into question the value and appropriateness of traditional accounting thinking and structures. This course is designed to help us gain an understanding of these major issues that are changing the way accountants think and deliver.
On completion of this course you will have considered:
- appropriateness of reported measures
- shareholder and Market expectations
- sustainability and Stakeholder expectations
- striking the balance between financial and non-financial measures
- budgetary change to meet uncertain, dynamic environments and provide transparency
- issues of intangible value and accounting
Authored by: John McKenzie
John McKenzie has over 20 years' experience during which he has undertaken ABC/M implementation work at a range of companies including Halifax Plc, British Airways, Seeboard Electricity, London Electricity, British Gas, ADNOC (Abu Dhabi National Oil Company), Sharwoods, Vauxhall Motors, IBC Vehicles, MATAV(Hungarian Telecom), Glasgow City Council, Royal Sun Alliance, NatWest, and Unilever International. His book ABC/M to the Max was published in 2008.
A CPD certificate of completion will be provided by BPP Professional Education Limited upon successful completion of the online course.
CPD Points: 1.5
CPD Duration (hours): 1.5
Access: 12 months from purchase date