This programme is delivered online live, allowing delegates to interact with expert presenters from either a computer or mobile device. For an overview of the technology and live class experience, watch our short explanatory video to find out more.
Same content as a traditional course just spread over 2 days in shorter 3 hour sessions. No more travel no more losing a day out of the office.
For those who prefer the traditional approach please visit our face to face class schedule.
Fri 17 May 09:30am – 12:30pm
Fri 24 May 09:30am – 12:30pm
* Please note that each session has 15 minutes of non teaching time included, this is to ensure we have time to help you get set up ahead of your learning
* Before purchasing we advise that you check your system compatibility with this online test passing tests 1,2 & 3 means your good to go number 4 is not so important.
Settlement agreements are one of a limited number of options available to settle employment disputes. In addition, increasing regulation of the employment relationship means that many employers choose to “short cut” process and procedure by offering favourable exit terms to an employee under a settlement agreement. This practical guide to drafting and negotiating settlement agreements will provide delegates with both employer and employee points of view and includes drafting sample clauses during the course of the day as well as tips on successfully negotiating to a concluded agreement.
By the end of this course you will be able to:
- Describe the essential requirements for a settlement agreement to be valid
- Identify claims that can and cannot be covered under a settlement agreement
- Examine the contents of a settlement agreement from employer and employee perspectives
- Recognise where specific drafting is appropriate or necessary
- Understand the key principles regarding taxation on payments under settlement agreements
- Identify circumstances in which an employer may rely on new S111A Employment Rights Act 1996 ("confidentiality of pre-termination negotiations")
- Negotiate key points with confidence and resolve common sticking points
- Assess enforcement options where an agreement is breached
Duration of access:
You will have access to the programme for 6 months from date of of the first live session (this includes recordings, learning materials, certificate of completion and other programme information).
"A CPD certificate of completion will be provided by BPP Professional Education Limited upon request, following attendance."
R.R.P £522 (excludes VAT)