This interactive programme is delivered online live, allowing delegates to interact with expert presenters from either a computer or mobile device. For an overview of the technology and live class experience, watch our short explanatory video to find out more.
How is it delivered?
Same content as a traditional course in one three hour session. No more travel no more losing a day out of the office. For those who prefer the traditional approach please visit our face to face class schedule.
Monday 01 April 17:00 – 20:00
Please note that each session has 15 minutes of non teaching time included, this is to ensure we have time to help you get set up ahead of your learning
* Before purchasing we advise that you check your system compatibility with this online test passing tests 1,2 & 3 means you're good to go number 4 is not so important.
This course will benefit anyone who needs a succinct update on recent changes to FRS 102 and areas where the application of FRS 102 is causing ongoing problems.
The amendments to FRS 102 as a result of the First Triennial Review of FRS 102 are mandatory for accounting periods commencing on or after 1 January 2019, but early adoption is permitted. Due to the nature of FRS 102 there are further areas where appropriate accounting treatments are an ongoing subject for debate.
As a result of FRS 102 the guidance on distributable profits issued by the ICAEW and ICAS was revised by TR 02/17BL.
This course considers the changes to FRS 102, the areas of uncertainty, and the revised guidance on distributable profits. For a more detailed consideration of these topics, see the course FRS 102 -Practical challenges and emerging issues.
On completion of this course you will be able to:
- Understand and apply the FRS 102 changes relevant to your circumstances
- Produce acceptable accounting treatments and disclosures in the debatable areas; and
- Determine the implications of FRS 102 for distributable profits calculations
- Detailed course content
Course coverage will include:
The First Triennial Review:
- Investment properties
- Basic and other financial instruments
- Loans to companies from owners
- Business combinations
- The cash flow statement
- Gift aid payments
- Financial institutions
- Rejected amendments
- Identifying distributions
- Impacts of FRS 102 on determination of distributable profits (including intra-group lending)
FRS 102 application problems
- Issues from FRS 102 Section 1A, including
- The content of financial statements
- The true and fair problem
- Disclosure of directors’ emoluments
- Accounting for non-financial investments (artworks, fine wine, etc)
- The fallback position when FRS 102 is silent
- Share based payments in private companies
Duration of access:
You will have access to the programme for 6 months from date of of the first live session (this includes recordings, learning materials, certificate of completion and other programme information).
"A CPD certificate of completion will be provided by BPP Professional Education Limited upon request, following attendance."