This programme is delivered online live, allowing delegates to interact with expert presenters from either a computer or mobile device. For an overview of the technology and live class experience, watch our short explanatory video to find out more.
Same content as a traditional course just spread over 2 days in shorter 3 hour sessions. No more travel no more losing a day out of the office.
For those who prefer the traditional approach please visit our face to face class schedule.
Mon 5 November14:00pm – 17:30pm
Fri 9 November14:00pm – 17:30pm
* Please note that each session has 15 minutes of non teaching time included, this is to ensure we have time to help you get set up ahead of your learning
* Before purchasing we advise that you check your system compatibility with this online test passing tests 1,2 & 3 means you're good to go number 4 is not so important.
Lawyers will often have to deal with the financial statements of their clients. They may be dealing with purchases of businesses, valuations or completion statements. An understanding of basic accounting terminology is essential in maintaining credibility and helping to advise clients. Often those working closely with finance professionals feel exposed and not confident in discussing matters of accounting. Whilst much can be picked up “on the job”, this can often lead to significant misunderstandings. This course is designed for legal professionals who require an introduction to the world of finance and accounting or who require a quick refresher of basic concepts. It will help break down some of the terminology barriers and explain the purpose and meaning of the different financial statements and challenge preconceptions that delegates may have.
We have often found that many delegates struggle with the fundamentals of finance and consider this course an essential starting point. The course is highly practical with several case studies and exercises to bring the theory to life.
By the end of this course you will be able to:
- Understand financial terminology and have increased confidence when using it
- Understand the different types of corporate structure, from sole traders, partnerships through to Listed PLC’s
- Understanding the different types of accounts
- Understand the different financial statements and be able to read them with more confidence
- Balance Sheet,
- Profit and Loss Account and
- Cash flow statement
- Appreciate the sources of regulation for accounting
- Understand working capital, its definition and impact on a business
- Have a thorough understanding of the difference between profit and cash
Duration of access:
You will have access to the programme for 6 months from date of of the first live session (this includes recordings, learning materials, certificate of completion and other programme information).
"A CPD certificate of completion will be provided by BPP Professional Education Limited upon request, following attendance."
R.R.P £497 (excludes VAT)