This programme is delivered online live, allowing delegates to interact with expert presenters from either a computer or mobile device. For an overview of the technology and live class experience, watch our short explanatory video to find out more.
Same content as a traditional course just spread over 3 days in shorter 2 hour sessions. No more travel no more losing a day out of the office.
For those who prefer the traditional approach please visit our face to face class schedule
Mon 8 October 9:30am – 11:30am
Thu 11 October 9:30am – 11:30am
Fri 12 October 9:30am – 11:30am
* Please note that each session has 30 minutes of non teaching time included, this is to ensure we have time to help you get set up ahead of your learning
* Before purchasing we advise that you check your system compatibility with this online test passing tests 1,2 & 3 means your good to go number 4 is not so important.
This one-day course is a prerequisite for the subsequent financial modelling courses, Financial Modelling - Comprehensive, Financial Modelling - Advanced (& Introduction to VBA) and Debt Modelling (with LBO). It covers all the basic excel required in order to start to build a financial model. There is little time to recap these excel basics on the subsequent courses, so it important that delegates who are at all concerned about their basic excel ability should attend this course first. Laptops (excel v.2013) are provided.
Numerous practical, hands-on exercises are demonstrated to illustrate all the basic excel features and functionality, from basic navigation through to more complex “lookup” functions. There is a mix of following the instructor on the screen, and exercises designed to help the delegates work the answer out for themselves.
The presenter will cover the following during these live sessions
- Excel shortcuts (use of the mouse is actively discouraged)
- Basic navigation and selection
- Toolbar and function access
- Copying and linking
- Financial modelling essentials: flexibility and dynamism
- F4 dollarisation (absolute cell referencing)
- Formatting and styles
- Excel names
- Logical statements: IF, AND, OR
- Switches and drop-down lists
Duration of access:
You will have access to the programme for 6 months from the date of the first live session (this includes recordings, learning materials, certificate of completion and other programme information).
"A CPD certificate of completion will be provided by BPP Professional Education Limited upon request, following attendance."