Insightful forecasting of financial performance is becoming increasingly difficult in these unprecedented and uncertain times. Get top practical tips to help you raise your forecasting skills to meet the challenge.
We are living through a period of unprecedented uncertainty. Forecasting financial performance is becoming increasingly difficult yet financial markets and owners still demand sustainable growing financial performance and greater certainty before initiating investment.
This on-demand session is for financial professionals who wish to navigate their businesses through uncertainty using financial forecasting.
This course will help you to reflect on your forecasting skills and approaches to make them fit for an unpredictable environment.
On completion of this course, you will have a greater understanding of:
- The sources of uncertainty facing businesses
- A language to allow your business to respond to a crazy world
- Dealing with uncertainty in your financial forecasts
- The ideal characteristics of a good forecaster
- Macro challenges creating uncertainty
- The ‘VUCA’ model to capture and respond to volatility
- Financial forecasting in uncertainty, including:
- features of a great general approach
- anchoring to past performance e.g. using historical proxies
- picturing future performance e.g. using Scenario planning
- ‘Super-forecaster’ characteristics
Authored by: Roy Chambers
Roy Chambers is a finance professional with international senior commercial experience in a major plc and a background in finance training. Roy combines experience with development skills to improve business finance through better strategy, evaluation, decisions and leadership.
Roy originates and delivers finance training in various sectors and his courses reflect a hands-on knowledge of leading finance functions and a desire to help managers adapt to the latest thinking in business finance.
A CPD certificate of completion will be provided by BPP Professional Education Limited upon successful completion of the online course.
CPD Points: 1
CPD Duration (hours): 1
Access: 12 months from purchase date