If you have purchased a PSC pack and you would like to book this course, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org to make your booking.
This programme is delivered online live, allowing delegates to interact with expert presenters from either a computer or mobile device. For an overview of the technology and live class experience, watch our short explanatory video to find out more.
How is it delivered?
Same content as a traditional course just spread over 2 days in shorter 3 hour sessions. No more travel no more losing a day out of the office.
Mon 24 June 17:00pm – 20:00pm
Thu 27 June 17:00pm – 20:00pm
* Please note that each session has 15 minutes of non teaching time included, this is to ensure we have time to help you get set up ahead of your learning
* Before purchasing we advise that you check your system compatibility with this online test passing tests 1,2 & 3 means you're good to go number 4 is not so important.
This course will be of benefit to lawyers of all levels and non-lawyers (especially accountants, human resource managers, IT managers and corporate officers).
The General Data Protection Regulation (‘GDPR’) came into force on the 25th May 2018 and there are now no excuses for ignoring this topic any longer. This one-day course provides a comprehensive introduction to the topic by providing an overview of the GDPR and then highlighting key areas of concern.
The course adopts a practical and common sense approach throughout with the emphasis on commercial as well as legal considerations. Delegates will be given the opportunity to apply their knowledge through a series of practical exercises.
- To describe the key terminology associated with the GDPR and to demonstrate an understanding of the key principles, obligations and rights
- To be aware of the additional requirements imposed on controllers by the new obligation of accountability
- To comprehend the rules relating to data subjects’ rights and to apply them in a commercially sound and compliant manner
- To describe the issues relating to direct marketing activity as set out in the Regulation on Privacy and Electronic Communications
- To understand the issues relating to the transfer of personal data outside of the European Economic Area and to apply this knowledge to a given set of facts
- To comply with the new rules on data security breach reporting set out in the GDPR
- To comprehend the enforcement options available to the Information Commissioner
- To be aware of the effect of Civil Monetary Penalty Notices and to consider recent examples as well as the increased fining powers now in place under the GDPR
Duration of access:
You will have access to the programme for 6 months from date of of the first live session (this includes recordings, learning materials, certificate of completion and other programme information).
"A CPD certificate of completion will be provided by BPP Professional Education Limited upon request, following attendance."