This programme is delivered online live, allowing delegates to interact with expert presenters from either a computer or mobile device. For an overview of the technology and live class experience, watch our short explanatory video to find out more.
Same content as a traditional course, just spread over 1 day for a 3 hour session. No more travel and no more losing a day out of the office.
For those who prefer the traditional approach please visit our face to face class schedule.
Thursday 27th November 2020 13:00PM - 16:00PM
* Please note that each session has 15 minutes of non teaching time included, this is to ensure we have time to help you get set up ahead of your learning
* Before purchasing we advise that you check your system compatibility with this online test passing tests 1,2 & 3 means your good to go number 4 is not so important.
This course will train all staff on the key provisions in the new SRA Codes of Conduct for Solicitors and Firms 2019. It is suitable for paralegals, legal executives, trainee solicitors, qualified solicitors, partners and support staff. The SRA has stated that there will be no “soft launch” of the new regime, so solicitors and firms should start their preparations now to ensure that they and their staff fully understand their obligations under the new Codes.
The new SRA Standards and Regulations are scheduled to come into force on 25 November 2019. For the first time, the SRA are proposing two separate Codes of Conduct – one for individual solicitors, wherever they work, and one for regulated firms. The reforms significantly reduce the length of the SRA Handbook. This is a brand new approach from the SRA and it is incumbent on both solicitors and their firms to get it right as it runs alongside the SRA’s new enforcement strategy. With around 12,000 reports of professional misconduct per year it is imperative that solicitors and their firms keep abreast of the changes.
The SRA has stated that there will be no “soft launch” of the new regime, so solicitors and firms should start their preparations now to ensure that they and their staff fully understand their obligations under the new Codes.
By the end of this course you will be able to:
- Understand how best to maintain trust and act fairly
- Understand the key principles of compliance
- Better understand various business systems
- Consider the significance of co-operation and accountability
- Consider the significance of service and competence
- Understand the value of client money and assets
- Understand how to deal with conflicts, confidentiality and disclosure
Duration of access:
You will have access to the programme for 6 months from date of of the first live session (this includes recordings, learning materials, certificate of completion and other programme information).
"A CPD certificate of completion will be provided by BPP Professional Education Limited upon request, following attendance."
R.R.P £291 (excludes VAT)