This course reviews the key characteristics of hedge funds including the flexibility of managers in making investments compared with traditional long-only managers. It looks at the main strategies used by hedge fund managers including directional, event driven and relative value strategies. There is then a review of the vehicles available to individual investors who wish to invest, including UCITS-compliant funds and funds of hedge funds. The module concludes by considering the issues surrounding investing in hedge funds and the advantages and disadvantages of including them in a client portfolio.
By the end of this course you will understand:
- what differentiates a hedge fund from other funds
- the strategies employed by hedge funds
- how UCITS compliant funds can offer absolute return strategies
- the advantages and disadvantages of investing in funds of hedge funds
- the impact of including hedge funds in portfolios
A CPD certificate of completion will be provided by BPP Professional Education Limited upon successful completion of the online course.
CPD Points: 1
CPD Duration (hours): 1
Access: 12 months from purchase date