This course on IAS 7 - statements of cash flows, deals with the fourth primary financial statement an entity is required to present under IFRS. This is the only statement that is not covered in IAS 1. Unlike many national accounting rules IAS 7 requires all entities to present a cash flow statement as an integral part of the financial statements. This course will take you through the contents of IAS 7 to help enable you to present cash flow statements.
On completion of this course, participants will have a greater understanding of:
- The focus of a cash flow statement: cash and cash equivalents
- The categorisation of cash flows between the three main categories: operating, investing and financing
- The presentation of operating cash flows under the direct and indirect methods
- The degree to which cash flows can be offset
- The impact of foreign currencies
- The presentation options for interest and dividends
- The additional disclosures required
Authored by: Bruce Cowie, Head of Financial Reporting at BPP Professional Devlopment
Bruce Cowie is the Head of Financial Reporting Programmes at BPP Professional Development. He has been training full time in Financial Reporting topics since 1985, and has an expertise in IFRS, UK GAAP and US GAAP. He has trained across the world (e.g. USA, Europe, APAC, Australia, Argentina) for large multinationals, small and medium sized companies, accounting firms, professional bodies and Government entities, and still maintains a genuine love for his subjects. He has spent a considerable time in training firms for the transition to IFRS and to the new UK GAAP.
A CPD certificate of completion will be provided by BPP Professional Education Limited upon successful completion of the online course.
CPD Points: 1
CPD Duration (hours): 1
Access: 12 months from purchase date