This programme is delivered online live, allowing delegates to interact with expert presenters from either computer or mobile. For an overview of the technology and live class experience visit the explainer video.
Same content as a traditional course just run as a shorter 3 hour session. No more travel no more losing a day out of the office.
For those who prefer the traditional approach please visit our face to face class schedule
Session date and time
Tuesday 19 December 2017 - 9:30am to 12:30pm
* Please note that each session has 15 minutes of non teaching time included, this is to ensure we have time to help you get set up ahead of your learning
* Before purchasing we advise that you check your system compatibility with this online test passing tests 1,2 & 3 means your good to go number 4 is not so important.
On 13 January 2016 the International Accounting Standard Board issued a new accounting standard, called IFRS 16 - Leases. This standard replaces accounting requirements which were introduced over thirty years ago. It is a major revision of the way in which companies account for leases. The new standard is formed after multiple rounds of public consultation and has been part of collaborations with the US Financial Accounting Standards Board (FASB).
The main proposal is for lessees to bring all leases onto the balance sheet and eliminate the current lessee accounting treatment for operating leases and finance leases under IAS 17. The proposals are likely to have a major impact on companies which lease significant high value items such as the airline, transport and retail sectors.
This online live course will cover the current accounting requirements under IAS 17 and then consider the accounting for such transactions under the new lease accounting exposure draft.
• Understanding of current accounting.
• Scope and scope exclusions.
• Lessee accounting under the IFRS 16 - Leases.
• Key terminology explained.
• Differences to current accounting treatment.
• Practical case studies to aid understanding of proposed changes and their likely impact.
Duration of access:
You will have access to the programme for 6 months from date of of the first live session (this includes recordings, learning materials, certificate of completion and other programme information).
"A CPD certificate of completion will be provided by BPP Professional Education Limited upon request, following attendance."