This interactive programme is delivered online live, allowing delegates to interact with expert presenters from either a computer or mobile device. For an overview of the technology and live class experience, watch our short explanatory video to find out more.
How is it delivered?
Same content as a traditional course in one three hour session. No more travel no more losing a day out of the office. For those who prefer the traditional approach please visit our face to face class schedule.
Tuesday 30 April 09:30am – 12:30pm
Please note that each session has 15 minutes of non teaching time included, this is to ensure we have time to help you get set up ahead of your learning
* Before purchasing we advise that you check your system compatibility with this online test passing tests 1,2 & 3 means you're good to go number 4 is not so important.
Practitioners from all areas who want a detailed guide in emerging technologies disrupting the legal sector.
We are on the cusp of a digital revolution. More will change in the way we work over the next 2 decades than in the past 200 years. This bite-size informative session covers the area of new and emerging tools and technologies that are set to automate many of the traditional practices. We look at examples of what is being used by competitors and how these technologies are transforming the legal environment.
The session also includes an insight into LexMachina used for advanced legal research, Smart Contracts, Blockchain, and predictive coding which is used to assess the relevance for e-disclosure.
Learning outcomes include obtaining a greater understanding of:
- Identify risks and opportunities in the emerging area of legal tech
- Identify legal-tech trends and get an insight into what the competitors are doing – (inc. 5 legal tech platforms to modernise your law firm)
- Be able to leverage Big Data through advanced legal research tools
- Recognise how the 24/7 consumer culture is applying pressure on the legal sector to change many of their traditional working practices
- Familiarise with fast growing areas of automation, Artificial Intelligence, the increasing threat of cybercrime, DIY law and chatbots, among others…
- Discover ways to obtain support and guidance for legal tech development
Duration of access:
You will have access to the programme for 6 months from date of of the first live session (this includes recordings, learning materials, certificate of completion and other programme information).
"A CPD certificate of completion will be provided by BPP Professional Education Limited upon request, following attendance."