Mental health is as important as physical health when it comes to ensuring that you have a healthy, happy and productive workforce. Yet many organisations are failing to value the psychological well-being of their staff and are suffering as a result.
Combining original drama with analysis from business psychologists and mental health professionals and stories from people with lived experience, this e-learning course sets out practical ways of configuring your workplace to support the good mental health of all your staff. It shows how by raising awareness and making simple yet effective changes to working practices and culture, it’s possible to create a supportive and compassionate environment that enables everyone to give their best.
This course will give a better understanding of:
- why a change in workplace culture is often needed to improve management of staff mental health
- employers’ legal obligations to safeguard the mental well-being of their employees
- ways of gaining insight into mental well-being in your workplace
- practical measures you can take to support good mental health at work
- the role of managers, peers, coaches and mentors
- how to support people with mental health problems in the working environment
- how to make reasonable adjustments
- managing absence and return to work
Course developed by:
Course partner: Robertson Cooper, a leading business psychology practice.
Gordon Tinline - Business Psychologist, GT Work Business Psychology
Linda Doe - Apana Business Psychology
Sue Revell - Community Support Worker
Jill Roberts - CEO, West Kent Mind
A CPD certificate of completion will be provided by BPP Professional Education Limited upon successful completion of the online course.
CPD Points: 1
CPD Duration (hours): 1
Access: 12 months from purchase date