This programme is delivered online live, allowing delegates to interact with expert presenters from either a computer or mobile device. For an overview of the technology and live class experience, watch our short explanatory video to find out more.
How is it delivered?
Same content as a traditional course just spread over 2 days in shorter 3 hour sessions. No more travel no more losing a day out of the office.
For those who prefer the traditional approach please visit our face to face class schedule.
Wed 24 April 10:00am – 13:00pm
Fri 26 April 10:00am – 13:00pm
* Please note that each session has 15 minutes of non teaching time included, this is to ensure we have time to help you get set up ahead of your learning
* Before purchasing we advise that you check your system compatibility with this online test passing tests 1,2 & 3 means you're good to go number 4 is not so important.
Pensions on divorce is a difficult area which many practitioners find challenging. In many cases a pension is the most significant and valuable financial asset, after the family home, to be dealt with on divorce. The new state pension system and pension freedoms have a major impact on how family lawyers advise their clients in relation to dealing with pension arrangements on divorce.
- Introduction to the UK pension landscape
- Key features of different types of pension arrangements:
- Private sector defined benefit schemes
- Public sector defined benefit schemes
- Defined contribution schemes
- State pension scheme
- Pension freedoms and flexibility – what this means for family lawyers in the advice process
- Valuation of pension rights:
- cash equivalent transfer values and alternative calculations
- instructing pension experts – key questions
- interpreting and understanding calculations and data
- Pension sharing, offsetting and attachment orders – understanding the differences when advising clients
- The top ten pitfalls to avoid as a family lawyer when dealing with divorce and pension sharing
Duration of access:
You will have access to the programme for 6 months from date of of the first live session (this includes recordings, learning materials, certificate of completion and other programme information).
"A CPD certificate of completion will be provided by BPP Professional Education Limited upon request, following attendance."