For many businesses, the issue about where to get funds from for starting up, development and expansion can be crucial for the success of the business. In tough economic times it has become even more critical as finance is not as readily available. It is essential for businesses to understand the various sources of finance available so that they can assess how appropriate these sources are in relation to the needs of the business and whether they will help the business achieve its goals. This course will help you understand what sources of finance are available to businesses small and large and will give you an appreciation of which types of finance may suit a business in different circumstances at different times.
On completion of this course you will:
- appreciate the different sources of finance available to fund a business
- understand the distinction between internal and external finance and short term and long term sources of finance
- recognise the types of debt finance available and their distinguishing features
- appreciate how businesses can raise money through the issue of share capital
- understand the pros and cons of the different types of finance.
Authored by: Neeta Major
Neeta has worked across both the private and public sectors within external audit, financial accounting, management accounting and internal audit. Neeta has been actively involved in the provision of governance, risk, value for money and fraud seminars to managers with a broad range of backgrounds (financial and non financial).
A CPD certificate of completion will be provided by BPP Professional Education Limited upon successful completion of the online course.
CPD Points: 1
CPD Duration (hours): 1
Access: 12 months from purchase date