This is the tial before you buy version of the course. Click add to cart to sign up to the first session of this live interactive online course. Limited availability, so book now to take advantage!
Tuesday 04 December 13:00pm – 16:00pm
Session 2 (Not included in trial before you buy)
Thursday 06 December 13:00pm – 16:00pm
Please note that each session has 15 minutes of non teaching time included, this is to ensure we have time to help you get set up ahead of your learning
* Before purchasing we advise that you check your system compatibility with this online test passing tests 1,2 & 3 means you're good to go number 4 is not so important.
Company secretaries and assistant secretaries of private companies registered under the Companies Acts. The course will also be of value to trainee/junior solicitors and accountants who are involved in corporate or company secretarial work. In addition, the course will benefit anyone who requires a practical awareness of current companies legislation (including the impact of the Small Business, Enterprise and Employment Act 2015) and how it impacts on the day to day running of a company, for example finance directors.
- Incorporation/Initial considerations of a company
- Company incorporation.
- Memorandum (objects and Companies Act 2006 implications).
- Articles (choices, contractual implications, changes).
- Registered office/Single Alternative Inspection Location.
- Choice of name and rules surrounding its display.
- Directors (appointment and duties).
- Company secretary (role, appointment, authority).
- Share capital.
- Day to day running of a company.
- Board meetings, general meetings, resolutions and minutes.
- Execution of documents.
- Raising equity - issue of new shares.
- Raising debt - registering a charge.
- Share transfers.
- Maintenance of statutory registers and records.
- Annual events of a company.
- Confirmation Statement (from 30 June 2016)
- AGM (if required).
Learning outcomes include obtaining a greater understanding of:
- practical up-to-date knowledge of current companies legislation; and
- a detailed awareness of the actions company secretaries are required to take, including considering why such actions are required and best practice in conducting such actions.
Duration of access:
You will have access to the programme for 6 months from the date of the first live session (this includes recordings, learning materials, certificate of completion and other programme information).
*Please note this includes access to the first session only and no CPD will be awarded with this offer.