This interactive programme is delivered online live, allowing delegates to interact with expert presenters from either a computer or mobile device. For an overview of the technology and live class experience, watch our short explanatory video to find out more.
How is it delivered?
Same content as a traditional course just spread over 2 days in shorter 3 hour sessions. No more travel no more losing a day out of the office. For those who prefer the traditional approach please visit our face to face class schedule
Tuesday 05 November 13:00pm – 16:00pm
Thursday 07 November 13:00pm – 16:00pm
Please note that each session has 15 minutes of non teaching time included, this is to ensure we have time to help you get set up ahead of your learning
* Before purchasing we advise that you check your system compatibility with this online test passing tests 1,2 & 3 means you're good to go number 4 is not so important.
Company secretaries and assistant secretaries of private companies registered under the Companies Acts. The course will also be of value to trainee/junior solicitors and accountants who are involved in corporate or company secretarial work. In addition, the course will benefit anyone who requires a practical awareness of current companies legislation (including the impact of the Small Business, Enterprise and Employment Act 2015) and how it impacts on the day to day running of a company, for example finance directors.
- Incorporation/Initial considerations of a company
- Company incorporation.
- Memorandum (objects and Companies Act 2006 implications).
- Articles (choices, contractual implications, changes).
- Registered office/Single Alternative Inspection Location.
- Choice of name and rules surrounding its display.
- Directors (appointment and duties).
- Company secretary (role, appointment, authority).
- Share capital.
- Day to day running of a company.
- Board meetings, general meetings, resolutions and minutes.
- Execution of documents.
- Raising equity - issue of new shares.
- Raising debt - registering a charge.
- Share transfers.
- Maintenance of statutory registers and records.
- Annual events of a company.
- Confirmation Statement (from 30 June 2016)
- AGM (if required).
The course will cover the life cycle of a company focusing on the practical duties and responsibilities of a company secretary at each stage. This practical seminar will provide you with a thorough and up-to-date understanding of the duties and responsibilities of a company secretary focusing on the areas a company will be concerned with both at the outset and on a daily and annual basis. The speaker will highlight the key aspects of company legislation with which the company secretary must be concerned, as well as considering the changes implemented/proposed by the Small Business, Enterprise and Employment Act 2015 (which received Royal Assent on 26 March 2015) that will have a direct impact on the day to day work of the company secretary. .
Learning outcomes include obtaining a greater understanding of:
- practical up-to-date knowledge of current companies legislation; and
- a detailed awareness of the actions company secretaries are required to take, including considering why such actions are required and best practice in conducting such actions.
Duration of access:
You will have access to the programme for 6 months from the date of the first live session (this includes recordings, learning materials, certificate of completion and other programme information).
"A CPD certificate of completion will be provided by BPP Professional Education Limited upon request, following attendance."