This programme is delivered online live, allowing delegates to interact with expert presenters from either a computer or mobile device. For an overview of the technology and live class experience, watch our short explanatory video to find out more.
How is it delivered?
Same content as a traditional course just spread over 2 days in shorter 3 hour sessions. No more travel no more losing a day out of the office.
For those who prefer the traditional approach please visit our face to face class schedule.
Tue 4 December 1:30pm – 5:00pm
Thu 6 December 1:30pm – 5:00pm
* Please note that each session has 15 minutes of non teaching time included, this is to ensure we have time to help you get set up ahead of your learning
* Before purchasing we advise that you check your system compatibility with this online test passing tests 1,2 & 3 means you're good to go number 4 is not so important.
This course will provide you with working understanding of the activities of banks, institutional investors, brokers and other participants in the City of London’s financial marketplace, including an introduction to different types of financial instruments.
By the end of this course you will be able to:
- Understand the role of the main financial markets and exchanges within the City of London
- Explain the different types of bank and banking activity
- Distinguish between ‘Buy Side’ and ‘Sell Side’ institutions and what they do
- Understand the terms brokers and ‘Chinese Walls’
- Describe the role of the Money Markets and the Bank of England
- Identify the key bodies in the regulatory process within the City, including the FCA and the PRA
- Understand the main types of equity and debt instruments such as bonds, shares and derivatives such as futures, options and swaps
- Illustrate the activities of private equity, corporate finance and mergers and acquisitions groups
- Describe what the LME, Lloyd’s of London and the Baltic Exchange do
- Interpret the Financial Times and use the information therein to understand current events such as the Euro Crisis
Duration of access:
You will have access to the programme for 6 months from date of of the first live session (this includes recordings, learning materials, certificate of completion and other programme information).
"A CPD certificate of completion will be provided by BPP Professional Education Limited upon request, following attendance."