Business has been slowly pulling away from the 2008 global financial crisis. As opportunities for growth increase, leaders must decide how best to invest. Initiatives to build and sustain growth include entering new geographic markets, investment in innovation and product development, enhanced branding. The finance function has an important role to play in leading growth initiatives through to benefit delivery.
This course will introduce you to the tools and approaches to evaluate and manage a selection of growth initiatives.
On completion of this course you will be able to:
- Appreciate the importance of balancing risk and return when making business growth decisions
- Remind yourself of key financial evaluation tools and their importance to growth initiatives
- Take away a practical approach for dealing with risks in forecasts
- Consider a more integrated approach to dealing with intangible growth initiatives such as investments in innovation and brands
- Appraise your own role in finance in supporting the management of growth initiatives
Authored by: Roy Chambers
Roy Chambers is a finance professional with international senior commercial experience in a major plc and a background in finance training. Roy combines experience with development skills to improve business finance through better strategy, evaluation, decisions and leadership.
Roy consults for businesses in various sectors and his courses reflect hands-on knowledge of leading finance functions and managing strategy and planning and acquisition projects.
CPD Points: 1
CPD Duration (hours): 1
Access: 12 months from purchase date