This interactive programme is delivered online live, allowing delegates to interact with expert presenters from either a computer or mobile device. For an overview of the technology and live class experience, watch our short explanatory video to find out more.
How is it delivered?
Same content as a traditional course just spread over 2 days in shorter 3 hour sessions. No more travel no more losing a day out of the office. For those who prefer the traditional approach please visit our face to face class schedule.
Tue 3rd March 2020 09:30am – 12:30pm
Fri 6th March 2020 09:30am – 12:30pm
Please note that each session has 15 minutes of non teaching time included, this is to ensure we have time to help you get set up ahead of your learning
* Before purchasing we advise that you check your system compatibility with this online test passing tests 1,2 & 3 means you're good to go number 4 is not so important.
This course will be of benefit to any practitioner involved in legal writing, from trainees to senior partners and from pupils to silks. This course does not cover specific litigation or legal forms.
This course will introduce delegates to the use of plain English in different types of legal correspondence and documents. There are plenty of exercises and examples which makes for an interactive and stimulating course helping the delegates to practise the theory.
By the end of this course you will be able to:
- Understand the principles of drafting and clear legal writing
- Recognise the need for legal clarity in different types of legal documents
- Differentiate between written and oral advice
- Classify which words and phrases have been judicially defined
- Apply general rules for drafting in plain English
- Recognise and apply the rules of interpretation of contracts
- Dispense and deal with the pitfalls and issues relating to the use of legal jargon
Duration of access:
You will have access to the programme for 6 months from the date of the first live session (this includes recordings, learning materials, certificate of completion and other programme information).
"A CPD certificate of completion will be provided by BPP Professional Education Limited upon request, following attendance."