This interactive programme is delivered online live, allowing delegates to interact with expert presenters from either a computer or mobile device. For an overview of the technology and live class experience, watch our short explanatory video to find out more.
How is it delivered?
Same content as a traditional course just spread over 2 days in shorter 3 hour sessions. No more travel no more losing a day out of the office.
Tuesday 20 August 2019 09:30am – 12:30pm
Thursday 22 August 2019 09:30am – 12:30pm
Please note that each session has 15 minutes of non teaching time included, this is to ensure we have time to help you get set up ahead of your learning
* Before purchasing we advise that you check your system compatibility with this online test passing tests 1,2 & 3 means you're good to go number 4 is not so important.
This course will be of benefit to non-finance professionals, at all levels, who need to develop an understanding of business finance. All staff within a business, company, partnership or charitable organisation should have an understanding of finance in order to contribute to their organisation’s success.
This course is designed to give delegates an introduction to business finance in order to be able to contribute to your business’s success. It will also give you an understanding of the language used by accountants and how financial statements fit together. It will explain, in a practical way, the financial statements of an organisation and how to read and understand them plus basic accounting concepts such as depreciation, cost behaviour, cash flow, working capital and budgeting.
- Basic financial terminology and key accounting concepts
- The flow of money in a business and how it is accounted for
- The key financial statements (profit and loss account, balance sheet and cashflow)
- The composition and contents of a set of financial statements (using real life examples)
- An understanding of business finance and the language used by accountants and those in finance.
- An understanding of basic accounting concepts and the flow of money in an organisation.
Duration of access:
You will have access to the programme for 6 months from the date of the first live session (this includes recordings, learning materials, certificate of completion and other programme information).
"A CPD certificate of completion will be provided by BPP Professional Education Limited upon request, following attendance."