'Gender matters' examines gender bias in the workplace and sets out the benefits of a gender-inclusive workplace for employers, employees and customers alike.
Developed in partnership with Acas and Melanie Allison of Embankment Associates and featuring contributions from diversity experts at KPMG, and the course sets out the processes and behaviours that are consistent with inclusion and equality and explains the requirements of the Equality Act 2010 with regard to gender equality. Using a combination of expert analysis and high-quality original drama, it teaches the skills necessary to work successfully as part of a gender-inclusive team and provides best-practice guidance for eliminating discrimination.
This course will give a better understanding of:
- employers’ and employees’ obligations under the Equality Act 2010
- real-life factors that support and inhibit gender balance at work
- how people’s needs differ depending on their gender
- gender bias in employment, including for people undertaking gender reassignment
- how to effective build working relationships through organisational culture change
- the knowledge and skills necessary to work successfully as part of a diverse team.
Course developed by:
Acas - promoting equality and diversity in the workplace, helping to ensure all your employees feel valued and can give their best in today’s workplaces
Melanie Allison- Director, Diversity Leadership, Embankment Associates
- Rachel Campbell- Global Head of People, Performance and Culture, KPMG
- Kathryn Saul- Manager, Global Tax Operations, KPMG
- Ed Smith- Chair, Business Task Force, Opportunity Now
- Margaret McMahon- Senior Policy Advisor, ACAS
- Sonya Welch-Moring- Coach and Group Facilitator, Peopletalk Services
A CPD certificate of completion will be provided by BPP Professional Education Limited upon successful completion of the online course.
CPD Points: 1
CPD Duration (hours): 1
Access: 12 months from purchase date