This course summarises the key provisions of the General Data Protection with regards to security. It explains what the key changes are and what needs to be done in response to them.
By the end of this course, participants will obtain a greater understanding of:
- basic principles relating to security
- the ICO’s guidance on the topic of security
- the concept of ‘personal data breach’
- circumstances in which a security breach needs to be notified to the ICO and the format in which this needs to take place
- circumstances when a security breach needs to be communicated to the data subject(s) affected
- applying these rules to a series of scenarios
- what steps need to be taken so as to ensure compliance with these rules
- the likely consequences both in terms of enforcement and compensation in the event of a security breach
This course is also included in the following pack: Regulation compliance pack
If you would like to attend a more in depth format. This course is available to book via our new hybrid classroom delivery, allowing you to watch our face to face delivery of this course. To see the next available date.
Authored by: Keith Markham
Keith Markham qualified as a Solicitor in 2001 and now works as a freelance presenter of training courses.
A CPD certificate of completion will be provided by BPP Professional Education Limited upon successful completion of the online course.
CPD Points: 1.5
CPD Duration (hours): 1.5
Access: 12 months from purchase date