This course summarises the key provisions of the General Data Protection Regulation and the Privacy and Electronic Communications Regulations 2003 with regards to direct marketing and explains how organisations can comply with their key provisions. It also includes a brief summary of the key content of the draft Regulation on Privacy and Electronic Communications Regulation.
By the end of this course, participants will obtain a greater understanding of:
- be aware of the requirements of the right to object
- be familiar with the need for marketing information to be provided in ‘clear and separate’ form
- be able to describe the issues that arise in respect of both consent and legitimate interests
- have an awareness of the more stringent rules that exist in respect of email and SMS marketing
- understand the requirements of the soft opt-in
- be able to apply these rules to a series of scenarios
- be able to comprehend what steps need to be taken so as to ensure compliance with these rules
- understand the likely consequences in terms of enforcement in the event of a breach
- be able to describe the proposed changes set out in the latest version of the Regulation on Privacy and Electronic Communications
This course is also included in the following pack: Regulation compliance pack
If you would like to attend a more in depth format. This course is available to book via our new hybrid classroom delivery, allowing you to watch our face to face delivery of this course. To see the next available date.
Authored by: Keith Markham
Keith Markham qualified as a Solicitor in 2001 and now works as a freelance presenter of training courses.
A CPD certificate of completion will be provided by BPP Professional Education Limited upon successful completion of the online course.
CPD Points: 1.5
CPD Duration (hours): 1.5
Access: 12 months from purchase date