This interactive programme is delivered online live, allowing delegates to interact with expert presenters from either a computer or mobile device. For an overview of the technology and live class experience, watch our short explanatory video to find out more.
How is it delivered?
Same content as a traditional course just spread over 2 days in shorter 3 hour sessions. No more travel no more losing a day out of the office. For those who prefer the traditional approach please visit our face to face class schedule
Mon 17 September 2018 9:30am – 12:30pm
Wed 19 September 2018 9:30am – 12:30pm
Please note that each session has 15 minutes of non teaching time included, this is to ensure we have time to help you get set up ahead of your learning
* Before purchasing we advise that you check your system compatibility with this online test passing tests 1,2 & 3 means your good to go number 4 is not so important.
This course is designed to help managers develop relevant skills, strategies, tools and techniques in order to bring the best out of their apprentices and to help them develop their careers throughout the crucial first phase of their working lives.
There has been a very real shift towards on-the-job learning and training in UK business over recent years. This has been combined with increased business investment in young people through the resurgence of high quality apprenticeships. These are helping employers build future talent from within and to bring maximum benefit to their organisations.
Managing the transition for an apprentice from education to the workplace and realising the potential of young talent can be hugely rewarding but also extremely challenging. Managers need the right skills, support, tools and techniques to effectively manage apprentices.
- Create and maintain effective collaborative and supportive relationships with apprentices
- Set effective operational and developmental goals and objectives with their apprentices
- Develop the effectiveness of their communication
- Understand the basic duties and responsibilities of an employer in relation to an apprentice
- Recognise and apply the use of coaching and mentoring to support and develop apprentices
- Effectively supervise and manage the performance of an apprentice
- Understand how to develop key attitudes, behaviours and skills in an apprentice – e.g. confidence, resilience and mindset
- Manage difficult conversations with apprentices with confidence and to achieve positive outcomes
Duration of access:
You will have access to the programme for 6 months from the date of the first live session (this includes recordings, learning materials, certificate of completion and other programme information).
"A CPD certificate of completion will be provided by BPP Professional Education Limited upon request, following attendance."