It is always difficult for a manager to deal confidently and effectively, in the sensitive, tricky and time-consuming circumstances where an employee is not performing to the required level or is frequently absent due to illness.
This course will cover how managers can pro-actively manage poor performance, thereby improving the performance of employees in the workplace, dealing with sickness absence management and implementing strategies for reducing sickness absence.
On completion of this course, you will have a greater understanding of:
- The legal and practical issues surrounding performance management
- How to deal with employees who raise grievances or take sickness absence during the performance management process
- How to improve individual performance and get the best from your employees
- Dealing with sickness absence from a legal and practical perspective
- How to implement strategies for reducing sickness absence
Authored by: Nicola Howe
Nicola has practised employment law, as a solicitor, for over 20 years. She started her career working in employment law teams in large commercial legal practices. She moved into in-house consultancy work for major UK businesses from 2012. She regularly writes and presents courses on a wide variety of employment law topics. She is a member of the Law Society and the Employment Lawyers Association.
A CPD certificate of completion will be provided by BPP Professional Education Limited upon successful completion of the online course.
CPD Points: 1
CPD Duration (hours): 1
Access: 12 months from purchase date